When someone invites you for dinner, you can bring flowers,candy or a bottle of wine. Sometimes people send a thank you note to the host or hostess a few days after the event.
当有人邀请你吃饭,你可以带点鲜花,糖果或一瓶酒。有时人们寄感谢信给主人或女主人在事件之后的几天。
A: I'd better be going.
我得走了。
B: So soon? Why don't you stay a little longer?
这么快?你为什么不待久一点吗?
A: I wish I could, but it's already late.
我希望我可以,但天色已晚。
B: Oh, it's a shame that you have to leave.
哦,真遗憾,你非走不可呀。
A: Thank you for a wonderful meal.
谢谢你的美餐。
B: I'm glad you enjoyed it.
你喜欢我就高兴。
A: I really must be going now.
现在我真的该告辞了。
B: But you just got here. Can't you stay a little longer?
但你才刚到这里,不能再多待一会儿吗?
A: That's very nice of you, but I really can't.
你真好,但我真的不行。
B: Well, it's too bad that you have to go.
哦,你不得不走,这太糟糕了。
A: Thanks very much. It was a great party!
非常感谢。这是一个很棒的聚会!
B: It was our pleasure.
这是我们的荣幸。
A: I think it's about time we got going.
我想我们该走了。
B: What? Already? Won't you have more coffee?
什么?现在要走了?你不再来点咖啡吗?
A: I'd love to, but I have to get up early tomorrow.
我非常感谢,可是明天我得早起。
B: Oh! I'm sorry. I wish you could stay.
哦,真可惜。我希望你能留下来。
A: Thank you for a very enjoyable evening.
谢谢你给了我一个非常愉快的夜晚。
B: Don't mention it. I hope you can come again soon.
这不要紧,希望你不久能再来。
A: I really should be on my way.
我真的该走了。
B: Oh, not yet! At least have one for the road.
哦,还不到时候,至少再喝一杯,以表送行。
A: No. Thanks all the same.
不用了,还是谢谢你。
B: Well, I'm sorry you have to leave so early.
哦,真遗憾,你非得走这么早不可。
A: Thank you very much. We really had a good time.
谢谢你.我们真的玩得很开心。
B: Well, thank you for coming.
也谢谢你的到来。